Monday, July 05, 2010

It's happening so fast!

It is finally hitting me.  In two weeks I will be banded!  AHHHHHH!  I am getting nervous.  I am nervous for the pain after surgery (I am a HUGE baby).  I am scared to want to eat and not be able to.  I can't imagine eating a half a cup of food and feeling satisfied.  How do you deal with the hunger till you get your first fill? Will I be able to feel the band after surgery?  How do you get all the protein in that you need, with only 1 1/2 cups of food a day?  Is it okay to sip on protein shakes?  These are just a few of my worries/questions.  I kind of ate whatever I wanted over the weekend thinking....this is the last chance I will be able to and today I am paying.  I want to eat MORE crap.  Time to get back on the wagon....like NOW.  I want to spend the next two weeks cleaning and getting organized, making some meals to put in the freezer for my family, and also to get my serger up and running so that I can sew a bunch of clothes for the kids as I am recovering.  I also think it is time to reveal the scariness of my body pre-op....This is a month ago with some friends at a parade.  That is my daughter hiding on the left.  I am on the far left in the purple shirt.  

I had my hubby take some of me...like full body shots, arms, face, ect. Well....let just say this....the man could use a photography class.  LOL.  Half of them are blurry and the head cut off, so I will have my girlfriend take some after we have coffee on Wed.  Well....that's it for now, I am off to clean and worry some more.  :)

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

We'll get through this together. Keep your eye on the prize. I'm going to try to work through any pain by visualizing my thinner self.

Sumer said...

Thanks Bonnie! We will do this! You only have a few days right?

Janice said...

I was banded May 25, so I'm just about 2 months out from the date you will have your surgery. I remember having some of those same questions and fears.

One thing I do know is everyone truly is different and seems to experience different things. I really had minimal pain after surgery. I would call it more discomfort than pain. The worst of it was over in a few days. Use a heating pad, rest as you need to and walk a little each day. I never had the shoulder/gas pain but some do. Take it easy and give yourself that week after surgery to relax and kick back. It will be sore to bend for a few weeks.

I was not really terribly hungry the first month. I got tired of liquids because I wanted to chew something, but again it wasn't so much hunger as wanting to crunch. The liquids were much harder for me than now (known as Bandster Inferno). I eat every few hours so I'm never overly hungry. If I think I'm still hungry I will get involved in an activity around the house to distract me and I forget about it.

You will do great. You have a wonderful support group in blogland. Good luck and keep us posted! :)

karen said...

The pain has not been too awful bad - not near as painful as childbirth - The pain med really helps and keep moving afterwards - I mean walk walk walk - it keeps the gas pains away. I don't know how anyone handle the 1 1/2 cup of food a day - my doc has me on clear liquids only for 2 weeks - I can honestly say I'm not really hungry just tied of having the same thing all the time - i.e juice, jello, broth. We're all here for you and we'll get through this together.

Jenny said...

The only thing I know for sure, is that blogging has helped me tremendously. You will be sore for a little bit after surgery and swollen so the hunger doesn't always hit right away. I was lucky and I didn't have a horrible time in bandster hell, but just keep good choices on hand. And don't beat yourself up if you have something that isn't super healthy-you still have to live!!