Sunday, July 11, 2010

Cutting it a little close for MY comfort.

Well, as I have said here before my surgery is scheduled for July 20th.  I talked with the scheduler last week and she still hadn't received my psychiatric evaluation and said we just needed to wait to send everything in for insurance approval.  I got antsy and called the psych office to remind him that the surgery is scheduled for the 20th, he is not in until Tuesday this next week and that will be one week till surgery.  WTF?  Seems like we are cutting it really close and  now I am terrified that I won't get to be banded that day.  I hate it that I have to depend on someone else to get shit done for me to have this surgery.  I have done every last thing they have asked of me.  The scheduler didn't seem really concerned, so that is a plus.  I also have a friend that used to work at my surgeons office and she said not to worry.

I guess I am just worrying about everything.  Again, same things as I listed before, pain, can I REALLY do this, am I strong enough, ect.  I know I can, I know I will,  so it's crazy that I am doubting myself so much.  I guess it is part of the process for me and I KNOW I will overcome it. I am a strong woman and this is nothing compared to my the crazy life I have been living the last several years.  I will talk about this sometime, but for now I will just say this....my husband was diagnose with MS 2 years ago and 6 months later came a bi-polar diagnosis and a lay off from his job.  He has yet to be back to work.  It's been tough, but through this I have learned just how very strong I am, my husband is, and my children are.  This lapband should be a piece of cake right?

I am sorry I haven't commented a lot lately, I have to read blogs for the most part from my phone and it's just hard to type on that damn thing.  I am hoping to get a laptop before my surgery so that I can lay in bed and read and type away!

Well....time to finish my cleaning...again I feel like I am nesting, in a major way.  At least my house will be all cleaned and organize!

5 comments:

Janice said...

Lap band will be a cakewalk compared to everything else. :) You will be excited and happy thru the process because it is a tool to help you reach your goals. If the scheduler isn't too worried...hopefully that is a good sign.

Hang in there and you will be banded before you know it. :)

Bonnie said...

I definitely think you should call your psych office again on Tuesday to make sure they send over the eval. As you know, I've just been through the surgery and I wish I could save you the anxiety that you are feeling, but I know that no matter what anybody says, you are going to be nervous. All I can say is all my build up over the surgery was much worse than the surgery/recovery itself. I'm so excited for you.

karen said...

sending you positive vibes for your approval and surgery

Perry Joyce said...

Ugh, I remember the insurance song and dance. Seriously, this waiting game is the hardest part of the whole ordeal - including the actual surgery! Just stay on top of them and try not to stress out. Everything will work out.

Liz - Lizzle - Libby Lou said...

I think you will be just fine on getting the surgery done AND handling it. Sorry to hear about your husband's diagnosis and obviously you are very strong!