Saturday, July 24, 2010

SO much better.

Thank you all so much for your kind and supportive comments the last couple days.  I am feeling LOADS better today and even got out of the house for a bit.  My good friend April came to  pick me up and took me to Target, it was great!!  Target is one of my favorite places.  April had gastric bypass about 3 years ago and she has been great suppport.  I called her this morning and told her I woke up starving, she said I needed Jello.  I didn't have any sugar free Jello so I got some while we were there.  The Hubby just made it for me and I can't wait to eat it! I didn't think I would feel hungry today, but I do.  I could eat a horse.  Well.....not really my band would definetly stop that at this point.  I am actually feeling my band, its awesome and weird all in one.  If I take to big of sip I feel it, if I drink to fast, I feel it.  There is lots of gurgling going on in there.  I bought a whole bunch of stuff for next week as well.  Buttery grits, creamy soup,  pudding, and lots of yummy teas and juices that I can even have now.  The next few days will be difficult as I can feel the swelling going down and the hunger start, but I know I can do this.  I just have to make it to Tuesday and then I am on full liquids and can add in my protein shakes as well and I do love those.  Well...off to nap, I took some pain meds when I got home from Target because my tummy was killing me and they are kicking in.  Thanks again for your comments, keep em comin!!

*edited to add the following*
As soon as I woke from surgery I had a lot of pain in my left shoulder and it has continued for that last several days. They said it was from the gas they pump into you. Today it was better until about an hour ago and it got bad, really bad.  I took a hot shower, put the heating pad on and hubby ran to Walgreens and got me some Gas-X.  It has subsided, but is still there.  I have researched it a little and it seems a lot of banded people had this shoulder pain post-op and some continue to have it and get it as a warning they are heading toward eating to much. Some also said it is due to a nerve on or around your diaphragm that gets pressure put on it from the band caused by swelling or overeating.  I will talk with the surgeon at my post-op on Wednesday.  Have any of you experienced this and what did/do you do to relieve the pain?

7 comments:

Alison said...

I didn't have it after I was banded but get it every now and again when i've eaten too much. Its a very dull ache that doesn't last very long.
Glad that you're feeling much better, you're over the worst now.

Dinnerland said...

I definitely had gas pains for a while-- Gas X is your friend. Walking is your friend, but most of all: time is your friend!!!
You will feel better soon-- hang in there.
Post op recovery is hard-- but you will make it through and be on your way. xo DL

Michelle said...

New follower here wanted to stop and say hi. :)

Janelle said...

Be sure to walk around a lot to get rid of that gas pain. I walked constantly after surgery and never had the left shoulder pain, but I had a ton of gas pain in other areas. Walking helped me burp a lot, which relieved the pain.

Lily's Mommy said...

Hey there, I was banded the day before you...stopping by to say hello!!!! Hang in there, it DOES get better! I am a week out and so much better now.... DeeDee

Anonymous said...

Hi! I found you from your comment on my blog (thank you!)--and I'm so glad I did! Good luck, I sure hope your gas pain goes away soon. I'll be on the other side very soon!

Unknown said...

I walked tons... which of course got me farting and burping... seemed to get things moving. I hope you feel better soon! It will be over soon enough... I know it's no fun. Hang in there!