Friday, August 13, 2010

Learning, learning, learning and BYOC

Yesterday was a day of realization for me.  I really did this,  I really had surgery that placed a band on my stomach to help me lose weight.  This isn't just a dream.  I HAVE lost 27 pounds and counting.  I feel great,  I feel empowered, I feel successful!  There are so many things in my life that my "fat self" has gotten in the way of.  I may have followed through with these things and completed them, but they were never what they should have been, because in the back of my mind, I was just a fat girl.  Well, guess what?  I am no longer "just the fat girl".  I am a beautiful, strong, independent, humble, loving, woman who has chosen to do something positive for herself and is going to enjoy the journey every step of the way.  I feel like I am finally now able to embrace the woman I am, to enjoy who God made me to be.  Not just the good things either.  I am who I am for a reason.  It doesn't matter what anyone thinks, not my mom, not my dad, not anybody.  I have chosen a better life for myself and my family and THAT is what matters.  It was a brave decision and it deserves to be embraced and celebrated EVERY step of the way.

BYOC1.  Do you remember your last dream?

YES.  It was a icky one that involved my children and I don't want to think about it again so that is 'nuff said!

2.  Which is your favorite body part of the human body and why?

I love arms.  Probably because I have my Nana's icky old lady saggy arms and wish they were well....not saggy old lady arms.  
I love men's arms as well.....big strong, sexy arms.  My hubby has nice ones! ;)

3.  Tell me about your first kiss...


Chad Johnson.  Fifth grade.  Truth or dare.  I was IN love with this boy and was so excited, but scared and it was just a peck.  I look back and wish I would have just layed one on him.  LOL
4.  How big is your bed?

KING!  We used to have a queen, but two years ago bought an amazing memory foam bed that is big enough to fit the four of us if need be.  I LOVE it, it was expensive and a bitch to get into our room, but SO worth it.  It's my favorite place in our house, hands down.  ;)
5.  Repeat question....whose blog or comment stuck with you the most this week and why?



Definitely Stephs poop blog.  EWWWW.  Who does that?? 
Also, myself.....I was being a whiny little baby and needed a slap in the face.  I chose to do this, stop bitching and whining and get back on your happy train.  This IS A GOOD THING!!!

2 comments:

Island Bandit said...

amen sista! isn't it a wonderful feeling to really and truly love who you are and what you are becoming :)

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

LOVE that whole first paragraph! And hate Steph's poop blog....which is why I turned around and wrote a whole blog about it myself. LOL