Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Just a quickie...

Today is 5 weeks since I have been banded!! I am stuck at 233 the last couple days, but oh well.  I definetly see and feel the difference so I am not going to obsess.  I just have a quick NSV to share.  SO...before surgery I was a size 22, yesterday I went to get my son some clothes for school and decided while I was in Old Navy I would try a few things on because so many of you suggested it to me for some new, cheap clothes.  I have NEVER been able to wear ANYTHING Old Navy.  NEVER.  Well, I tried on about 456,789 shirts all XXL and they were too big...WTF are you kidding me?  So what did I do...kept trying on XXL.  DUH! Eventually I went and grabbed some XL stuff and tried that on and guess what? I walked out with two shirts size XL. I was ecstatic.  I also tried on some jeans size 20 and decided against it because they were a little two roomie, I could have squeezed into an 18, but they would have been a little snug.  I just can't believe it.  It feels so good.  I can't even fathom what the next year will bring!  Well, time to hop on the elliptical, I am determined to kick some ass in the challenge!!!  Have a great day!

4 comments:

Island Bandit said...

what a great feeling that is! we're about the same weight and size now. feeling good!

Amanda Kiska said...

It will just get better and better too! It isn't always easy, but it is so worth it!

Bonnie said...

That is freaking AWESOME!

Michelle said...

Yay! Congrats! How funny though cause I had the same experience at Old Navy too!