Saturday, August 21, 2010

Desperately need new clothes.

Well I am happy to say it is that time.  My clothes are getting WAY to big and frumpy and I look terrible.  I am wondering if you ladies have any ideas how to keep my cost down.  Do you just thrift it?  I like thrift store shopping but hate it at the same time because cute plus size stuff is hard to find.  At least in my neck of the woods.  I am now in a solid 20 now.  This is what I was when I got married.  Maybe I will dig my wedding dress out and see if it fits again just for fun!  My seventh wedding anniversary IS coming up in a couple weeks! LOL.  Anywho, just wondering what you ladies do for clothing as your shrinking away??!!

6 comments:

Heather said...

I have been trying to thrift it, but have been having a heck of a time finding 14's. Good for you, there have been an abundance of 18's and 16's. I can't see spending much money on the way down.

Island Bandit said...

since you're in the US, see if there are any lovely ladies out there willing to send you some that they've outgrown. I believe they call it the 'sisterhood'. I was just saying to a friend that now that my 20's are too baggy (clownish) I'm going to have to go closet shopping. I think I've got a few items that will keep me clothed (if bored) until I'm done with 14s... then I think i'm stuck. I do now have to consider going shopping for some workout clothes. my spandex pants are baggy.... not good. but it's not a bad problem to have, all things considered :)

Bonnie said...

I have a range of sizes in my closet so hoping they will get me through until I get to my goal. I'm not a big thrift store shopper - usually they are small, confined and not very organized. I tend to just keep an eye out for good sales and shop at discount clothing stores. I'm hoping to be in the 20s soon too.

Michelle said...

I try and find stuff at Ross or Marchals. Or try and find good sales Old Navy always has good sales.

Seeing in colour said...

Check out ebay? buying stuff online can usually save you a little bit of money :)

Sumer said...

Great ideas ladies!! Thanks so much!