Tuesday, June 15, 2010

What is going on?

So for the last week I have been busting my ass and I have gained 1.5 pounds! WTF?  I worked out 5 days last week burning 300 calories each workout and skipped yesterday (explanation to follow), but I was right back at it today.  I see my surgeon on Thursday and wanted to be down my full 10 pounds and I don't think it is gonna happen now.  I will say that I know sometimes when you are working out you gain....muscle weighs more than fat...blah blah blah.  I also have my period right now and know that can cause a little gain as well.  I am just so frustrated that I am working so hard and have gained.  This is when I normally would give up, grab a bag of crap and a chocolate bar and go to town.  I WILL NOT DO THIS!  Will not.  I am just frustrated.

On another note....
I got my IUD inserted yesterday, thus no workout.  OUCHIE!  This was a little tough for me.  I got it taken out a year and a half ago because we wanted to try for another baby....no luck. I have PCOS and a lot of issues with fertility.  We did months of meds and monitoring and nothing.  This kind of jump started my lap band journey.  I NEED to get some weight off to get pregnant, bottom line.  The next baby will probably be the last and I want to enjoy the process of getting pregnant and enjoy the pregnancy.  I don't want to have to worry about high blood sugars or high blood pressure.  I want to enjoy it.  This of course it not my sole motivator, but definetely one of them.  It was tough for me to get th IUD put back in because it was a finalization of the fact that there will for sure be no more babies for the next 18 months.  I know in my mind that I can't get pregnant right after being banded, but my heart didn't make the connection till yesterday.   I feel better today, and am trying to focus on the positive....I am getting banded in ONE MONTH!! WOOT!  I can't wait, I really can't.  This has been a tough, but rewarding journey so far.  I can only imagine what the months to come will bring.

Wow! My hubby took the kids to play and the house is oddly quiet.  I think I will grab a book, go to the porch swing and relax away....oh wait....my house is a mess.  Maybe I should clean.....*sigh* It never ends does it? At least it will be a quiet cleaning!

No comments: