Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Started off GREAT!!!!

Well I started off this week fantastically!  I ate about 1200 calories yesterday....actually a little less.  Worked out and burned 300 calories and today started off the day with a 30 min. workout and another 300 calories burned! I got some meal replacement bars and have been A LOT less hungry.  I ate one yesterday for breakfast and wasn't hungry for lunch until 3 or so.  I looked at the CLIFF bars but they are really high in carbs and I am trying to limit my carbs, as my body really doesn't like them.  I got the Special K Protein meal replacement bars and they are really yummy and lower in carbs and fat.  WHOOT WHOOT!!  Days like this keep me very motivated.  Now if I can just keep it up.  I am going to work on getting some pictures up this week as well.  Let's hope I can keep up this positive attitude!

I did have a small victory in my soul searching yesterday.....I have been trying to figure out what my issue is with food.  It's not that I don't feel I deserve to be healthy, it's just that sometimes I find it SO difficult to make good choices.  I know I should, I just don't.  Well, yesterday as I walked out of the house to go to a doctors appt. I took a huge breath of relief and realized that when my house is crazy and messy and things around me are chaotic I get overwhelmed and make bad choices.  I am not sure why I do this, but I really do.  I talked with my hubby about it and he is going to try and help me keep up on the house work and stuff and see if this theory is really true.  For some reason I view my house and it's condition as an extension of me.  I guess as a stay-at home-mom I have put that expectation on myself.
I am  hoping to start meeting with my therapist on a regular basis again and hopefully we can address this issue.  The way my life is and the condition of what is around me should not affect me so much.
Well off to make a protein shake and figure out some lunch for the kiddos!
Publish Post

No comments: