Sunday, June 20, 2010

Surgeon appt. on 06-17

I couldn't wait to blog about my appointment on Thursday, but have been super busy with the family.
I woke up the morning of the appointment and of course hopped on the scale, it said 249.  Ladies....I can't even think of the last time the scale said 249, at least 6 years....probably more.  I didn't get too excited because I wanted to wait and see what the scale said at the docs.  (I do know though that my scale and the docs scale are pretty close in their readings.)
SO... the nurse calls me back and I step on the scale....guess what it said.....249!!!!! Whoot!   I got teary.  The nurse finished up and off to the nutritionist I went, she said I was doing great and to continue what I was doing.  YAY!  Then it was time to see the doc, he was excited with my progress and said he would fix my hernia when he did the surgery and he would see me for surgery in a few weeks!  I can't believe it....I am really doing this.
It feels so great!  It feels good to be doing something good for MYSELF for a change.  I will lose my one hundred pounds, I will make it happen.  The band will help me, but in the end it's all ME.  I am a little bit of a control freak so the fact that I have the power to make this happen or not, kind of excites me!  I know there will be times  it will be a struggle, and the "honeymoon period" will wear off, but until then I am riding this out with a big smile on my face, and excitement in my heart.  I have my psych eval on Monday and that only takes a few days for them to get the results and then I just have to verify my insurance approval and I am set for July 20th!  They even said they may be able to squeeze me in earlier if a spot opens!  I can't tell you how good it feels to see all my hard work pay off.  The workouts that I despise, the food that cost more, the time it takes....it has all been worth it.  I feel great and I feel this process is VERY meant to be, good, bad and ugly. :)

6 comments:

Liz - Lizzle - Libby Lou said...

SUPER YAY! That is SO exciting! I remember being in your place and I was more anxious that it'd never come! :) BUT to tell ya the truth, the honeymoon phase is delayed! The first few weeks are good, then it's tougher. Then after you lose 30-40 lbs, it seems as though EVERY DAY is in honeymoon phase b/c you are so happy and proud of yourself! At least that is how my journey has gone. So I can only assume, every day for the rest of my life I will continue to be proud and happy with myself!

Sumer said...

You always give the most honest, heartfelt answers! Thanks so much for that. I just read your bandiversary post and it was GREAT to see your pics. Your honesty truly is a inspiration to us wanna-be or soon- to-be bandsters! Thanks so much again! It feels good to know you CAN and WILL feel proud and happy of yourself doesn't it?

Janice said...

You are getting closer and it is so nice to have a set surgery date. It will be here before you know it. You have done great with your weight loss so far! I will post a link on my blog today so you can get a few new followers! Doing the happy dance for you!
http://bandedandblogging.blogspot.com/

Bonnie said...

Just found your blog through Janet. I'm also hoping to get banded in July - Hopefully July 9th. Waiting for insurance approval.

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through Janice. I was banded on May 24, 2010. Good luck with your journey. These blogs are a wealth of information!

Dinnerland said...

Congrats on getting on a great road!