Thursday, May 20, 2010

I have been lurking around and reading many blogs of some pretty inspiring women that have had lap band. I am hoping to have MY lap band surgery July 2010. I am hoping I can connect with some of you women for support and encouragement. I have so many reasons for starting on this journey it's hard to know where to start.
Let me just start by listing a few.....
I want to be able to shop anywhere.....not just the fat lady section or stores.
I want to go on rides with my children at amusement parks.
I want to be healthy.
I want to be the lady jogging at 6am that everyone looks at and says..."she is nuts".
I want my PCOS to be better controlled.
I want to feel good about ME.
I want to be smaller than my husband.

I am so excited for this journey. Much thought and soul searching has went into my decision. I am ready. My family is ready. I see the surgeon this Friday for my second visit and second nutrition visit. I will have one more after this and then hopefully surgery the beginning of July. I will talk more about what I have been through so far in a future post. Right now the kiddos need me!! Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Jen from Oregon said...

That is a great list!