Monday, May 24, 2010

A day with my sweet Nyla-Rae.


Going to playgroup and the zoo today!  I love days like today where my daughter and I have time to spend together...just the two of us.  It is rare.  Either I have the little girl I take care of, or my son along.  I love that I get to make time to spend with each of my children individually.  They enjoy that time as well.  We call it "date time".  I had a lot of one-on-one with my son because he was first born.  My daughter however....well it's rare, like I said.
We will go play with our friends and then have lunch together.  One of my biggest fears for my daughter is that she will end up fat.  I know the struggles of growing up "the fat kid".  It SUCKS.  I am hoping by changing MY life style she will learn healthy choices and not have to face that struggle in life.  So far so good, she makes very healthy choices.  Don't get me wrong, she loves her sweets just like mommy, but give that girl an artichoke or some cucumbers and she is a happy camper!  Last night for dinner we had chicken breast, cucumber and tomato salad, and kids and hubby had corn.  She ate the cucumber salad first, then the corn, and lastly a few bites of chicken.  Healthy choices right there.  Today for lunch we will have one of her favorites, chicken salad in lettuce leaves.  I hope and pray I am able to continue to be a positive example for her.  Oh, how I love my sweet baby girl.  Time to get ready for our date!

No comments: