Saturday, May 22, 2010

Addiction.

Well, so far the hardest thing for me to give up is Diet Coke.  I just can't stop.  I do good for a day or two and then I am right back to it.  I swear they put crack in it.  LOL.  I thought bread would be hard to give up, pasta, rice, potatoes.......nope I really don't miss them much at all.  I know I don't have to totally give them up and I haven't completely I do indulge occasionally.  I used to eat them daily though and it's WAY less now, maybe once a week, if that.  Diet Coke though.....it's tough. Diet Coke gods please help me, help me stop.

2 comments:

Liz - Lizzle - Libby Lou said...

My MD says you must giveup all soda at least a week before surgery. Because you cannot have them at all the first 4-6 wks after surgery (when your tummy is healing and the carbonation is bad for the tummy). So he says you would be causing yourself MORE pain if you continue on the soda until surgery day. Because then you'll surgery pain AND the withdrawl pain and cravings. You really should try to come up with a plan to slowly stop drinking them.

the plus side; a lot of bandsters do still drink soda ocassionally. But it's not something I'd be brave enough to try the first 4-6 wks post op while stuff is healing!

Sumer said...

Thanks for the info! I know it's something I need to get rid of....surgery or not. I have cut down a HUGE amount. I think it's time to just not buy it an then it's not around to tempt me!