Thursday, November 18, 2010

One of my favorite band friendly recipes!

Barbecued Thai Turkey Bundles

A family favorite. Wrap these tasty “burgers” in cabbage or lettuce leaves for a fun finger-food meal
Thai dipping sauce
  • In a large mixing bowl combine egg, chestnuts, bread crumbs, green onion, soy sauce, lemon juice, ginger, sugar, salt and chili oil. Add turkey; mix well. Shape into 12 loaves. Grill over medium hot coals or broil 3 inches from heat for 12-14 minutes or til juice runs clear, turning once. Serve each loaf wrapped in a cabbage leaf. Garnish with cilantro.
  • Thai Dipping Sauce:
  • In a small bowl combine-
  • ¼ cup lemon juice
  • 3 T fish sauce
  • 1 T snipped cilantro
  • 2 t sugar
  • 1 t soy sauce
  • ½ t crushed red pepper
  • ½ t sesame oil


    All the "stuff" in the turkey keeps it really moist and the sauce is SO good.  We lovingly call it crack sauce in our house because when I make it we just can't stop!  We LOVE it!  I make this probably once a week, its great!
    Also I use splenda instead of sugar. You also don't have to grill the bundles, I often just broil them in the oven.
    Have a great day all!

2 comments:

Alison said...

That sounds really good, will give it a go!

nikki said...

I LOVE all things turkey. This will be added to my recipe collection and to next week's menu. Thank you for sharing!