Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Thank you

Thank you all for your nice and kind comments about my post yesterday.  I took to opportunity to talk with my son and it was a great talk.  He loves me regardless of my weight and that is what matters.
I had a fill yesterday and it sucked.  I have decided I need to find a different clinic.  When I go in for a fill I expect to hear my weight difference without figuring it out myself and a smile from the staff would be nice as well.  When I ask a question about my band I expect a honest, accurate answer without the huffing and puffing and snide looks.  Asking if I can use a straw now is not a dumb question, asking how much fluid you are going to put in my band is not a dumb question either.  The first time she attempted to fill my band yesterday was unsuccessful and TERRIBLY painful.  I finally tool the nurse practioners hand and used it to pull the needle out of my stomach. It burned and was...well just not how it should have felt.  It bleed a lot as well.  I am not sure what happened.  The second time she tried, I told her she was in and she didn't believe me, she proceeded to dig around and I then asked her to try and draw some fluid out to see if she was in.  She finally DID pull some out and of course, as I said....she was in.  I asked how much she was putting in and the answer was...."a little over 1cc."  So I guess I now have "a little over" 6cc in my band.  I am definitely feeling more restriction and  hope it stays like that for awhile, while I find a new clinic.  I called one place today and they don't use  Realize bands so they said I would have to go elsewhere.  I will continue to look and hopefully can find another clinic that can help me out and show a little kindness. Well...time to get a kiddo on the bus!  Thank you all again so much for your support, it is nice to know I can come here and vent!

3 comments:

Amanda Kiska said...

So sorry for the bad fill experience. I hope after you find someone else, you write them a long letter about why you switched.

Here's to good restriction!

nikki said...

I have the Realize Band too. I'm sorry for your bad experience. One of my physician's office has the same type of staff. I always feel like a nuisance and very uncomfortable. Hopefully you will find someone local and who cares! Good luck with lasting restriction!

Bonnie said...

Your fills definitely should not be like that. I hope you find a better place.