Friday, October 22, 2010

Contemplating...

I am thinking I might be done blogging for awhile.  I feel guilty when I don't blog, and I feel even worse when i do and no one comments.  I tell myself it is ridiculous to feel this way, because I didn't start this blog for you all, I started it for me.  Sometimes it just feels like it's one more thing I HAVE to squeeze into my day, one more thing on the to do list.  I like when I blog, it holds me accountable to myself, but I find that I am basing my self worth on how many comments I get and who comments.  That is silly.  I think I have to take a step back and reevaluate WHY I am doing this.  I know in the end I will be back, because I love reading your blogs and I love the inspiration it gives me.  I just need to stop finding self worth in what OTHERS think of me.  I don't want to be a whiny brat or make any one feel guilty, I just need some time to figure this out.  I have a big surgery next week and need to focus on dealing with that and getting through it.  I will be back soon, until then I hope you all lose LOTS o' weight and life is good to you.

8 comments:

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Oh hun - I hope you don't go away completely...I'd miss you.

-Grace- said...

I'm sorry you are feeling this way. I would venture to guess that the feeling is pretty common, though. I felt the same way near the beginning and stopped blogging. Now I wish I'd kept it up so I'd have record of all the pre-op stuff. Not to mention, it has helped me tremendously!

Amanda Kiska said...

We'll miss you!

Island Bandit said...

will definitely miss you.... just because i'm not commenting doesn't mean i'm not reading.... i've read every single post of every single blog i follow.
in the end, you have to do what is best for you.

Liz - Lizzle - Libby Lou said...

I'm sorry you feel that way sweetie! I do understand sometimes you feel guilty for not writing more...for not keeping up. And I do see how you judge yourself by people's reactions, I've done the same. Take the time you need, evaluate yourself, and I anticipate your return!

#fatfreefloozy said...

I understand COMPLETELY! I feel exactly the same way....and it sucks. Take time for your surgery and recover, but even if I don't get time to comment, I am still reading you!! Hugs xox

Bonnie said...

I totally know what you mean. I've been a sucky blogger and commenter these past few weeks. Hope your surgery goes well. Please let us know.

Pamela E. Williams said...

Just sitting here waiting on you to come back....:-(