Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Anyone else have this happen?

So I am officially down to 225.  That is 35 pounds down!  So, you know how I had that weird thing a week or so ago where I was down to 225 then back up to 235 in a few days time?  I notice that happens when I lose a significant amount.  It's weird.  There is no way that I lost, gained, and then lost 10 pounds in a week.  It's so odd to me.  I am however, VERY excited that I am offically down to 225.  I am really watching my portions (this is hard because I don't feel a whole lot of restriction) and trying to make sure I am getting more protein.  I know some of you have said you don't find it difficult to get in your protein but for some reason, I do.  I guess it's probably that I really don't feel hungry till 1pm or so and I need to have a protein shake for breakfast or something and that will help up my protein.  My hair needs it!  Luckily I have an over abundance of hair and it's actually been a small blessing to lose a little, but now it needs to stop.  I need to be more diligent about protein.  Only 15 more pounds till my nose ring!  I am hoping it's shortly after my shoulder surgery.  I know I am gonna need a little pick me up and a nose ring would do just that!
Oh yeah!  I went to a party this weekend (where my son broke his arm...poor guy) and it was a stressful day so someone asked if I wanted a beer and I gladly said YES, without even thinking of the carbonation.  I drank the whole thing over an hours time and it was then that I said, "oh shit, I didn't even think about the carbonation!!!".  I didn't have any issues, but I find it funny that I didn't even think.... right back to the old me......GIVE ME A BEER!  Not that I was a lush, but I do love me a good dark pint of beer once in awhile!  Well....off to check on the baby boy, he is  home one last day from school with his broken arm.  Its amazing how resilient kids are.  Here is a pic of the poor guy after we spent the morning at the ER on Sunday checking it out.


He now has a blue cast and can't wait to go buy a sharpie today so everyone can sign it!  The barbie is my daughters Ariel....she gave it to him to help him get comfy while he slept, it was really sweet.  Have a great day ladies!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

poor kid! at least he'll have a cool cast! lol! I have never had 10 lbs difference... 1 lb yes... I also go through periods where I lose a lot and then lose nothing for weeks. FRUSTRATING!

Liz - Lizzle - Libby Lou said...

OH the nose piercing will be super cool!!! I hope your son gets better soon! *Hugs*

And the protein thing, I just eat a lot of turkey, veggie burgers or protein shakes when I'm trying to get in more! The magic bullet rocks!

Colls said...

I stayed away from carbonation for quite a while after being banded. My original dr was very strict about stuff like that. But, then I realized how many bloggers drink carbonated things so I tried it. I am happy to say I have no issues at all. Which is good, 'cause I loves my beer!

Hope your boy feels better and heals quickly. I love the Barbie, so sweet when they are nice to each other! <3