Thursday, June 03, 2010

Tough times...

I am finding it really hard these days to eat the things I NEED to be eating and NOT the things I shouldn't.  Things in my life have been a little stressful and I seem to have difficulty making good food choices when these things are going on.  I am very aware of this and then I feel guilty and want to eat crap food even more.  It's a vicious cycle.  I have also found that most people in my life could really care less about this struggle.  The people in my life that ARE supportive of this process are encouraging, but when it comes down to it....it is MY battle.  Why is this so hard for me?  *sigh*  I guess if I had an answer or an easy solution I wouldn't be sitting here weighing 250 pounds.  I don't have many followers, but those of you that are following, how do YOU do it?  Another thing I have been struggling with, is when I am eating "the right" things I am hungry.  Really hungry.  Not head hunger.... it's physical, I am going to be sick, I need to eat NOW hunger.  A friend suggested that maybe I wasn't getting enough carbs, as I have eliminated most carbs.  No bread, no rice, no potatoes, and no starchy veggies.  I try to eat fruit, but am not a big fruit eater.  I guess I will try a piece of toast with breakfast here and there and see if that helps.  Well, off to make lunch!  A nice healthy, good for you lunch.

3 comments:

Liz - Lizzle - Libby Lou said...

ok missy!

#1- You got a food issue, emotional issue going on here you must conquer or else none of the eating rules matter! You MAY have the same issue as me, I have no clue, you may have no clue. But for ME, I discovered a few mths before surgery that I eat "crazy" when I feel "out of control". Like all the stressful stuff going on or bad things happening...when I feel like I can do nothing to change it, I would eat! So my food issues centered around control or lack of control. So I say, in my humble opinion, soul search and figure out WHY you are wanting to eat. I can tell you why when you eat, you feel like shit and want to eat more. You probably tell yourself "fuck it, I'm not worth it, I don't deserve it, I dont' deserve to healthy and thin." You may nto, but that is what I did that lead to binge eating. If you say any part of that to yourself, PLEASE STOP ASAP! It's not TRUE and you have to believe in YOURSELF!

2. if you have physical hunger EAT! and if you eat fruit, expect to be hungry again in about an hour! That is totally normal. Fruit metabolizes the FASTEST in your body out of all food groups. So if you snack on fruit to be healthy, expect to just snack more often. If you "hunger" is b/c your band isn't at restriction yet, ask for a fill.

3. I don't suggest cutting out all carbs. Carbs are good for you in some ways. And it's been proven that when you drastically reduce or cut out carbs, it affects your brain function within a few weeks. So it can make you feel "mentally different" and some say crazy. I dunno, b/c I refuse to go without my carbs.

4. MY SNACK? You might ask. CLIFF BARS! they rock! they're all natural, oats, high in protein, low in carbs and sugar, deliscousness!!!! I love 'em!

Hit me up on email if you want to discuss anything further. Lizandrk@aol.com

P.s. If you want more followers, I think it helps to get out and comment on people blogs and other people see you THERE and are intrigued to know you and follow you! that might help!

Liz - Lizzle - Libby Lou said...

P.S.S post a picture! We wanna see what you look like!!!!!

Sumer said...

First off....thank you. Thank you for an honest awnser.
I totally know I have a food/emotional issue. It's a tough journey. Every time I think I have it under control, something pops up again. I guess that is part of the soul searching that is required to be successful on this journey. I am going to give the CLIFF bars a try. I am not banded yet so know that is part of the issue as well. I can't wait to have the option of a fill to help me out. I will work on a picture....it's funny, I never get any of myself because I am always the one taking them! I will have my hubby take a few though so you can all put a face with the words! Again, thanks for the suggestions!