Friday, May 21, 2010

Another visit to the bariatric nurse!!

I had a visit to the nurse and nutritionist today!  It went SPLENDIDLY!!!!!!!!!!  The nurse was extremely encouraging and kept saying, "your going to do great".  I have been trying to eat as I would after the band, only bigger portions.  Not to big, just bigger.  Even with that I have been starving.  I will be very happy when I don't feel that hunger/starving as much after the band.  I have also been working out, either on the elliptical for 30 min. or biking with the kids.  Also the new puppy we got a month or so ago makes me get out and walk a few nights a week.  I am down 6.5 pounds!! Only 3.5 to go to lose the 10 that they required me to lose before surgery!  The nutritionist was please with my progress as well, she told me to keep doing what I have been doing and make sure I take my vitamins and calcium.  I haven't been doing that, but will make sure I start tonight!  All I have left to do is one more visit with the surgeon and my psychiatric evaluation.  Both are schedule for June.  I was told to call the scheduler on Monday and hopefully she can "pencil me in" for my surgery date!! SQUEEEEE!  I am just SO ready for this and cannot wait!  I just want to get the show on the road as my Grandma would say!
I guess that is all for now.  Off to have move night with my baby boy!  Well not so baby at 5 1/2, but even when he is 30 he will be my baby. :b

Oh yeah....tried to add a ticker but I can't figure it out.  It's far to late at this point and I want to throw my computer out the window so just for documentation, my starting weight at my first visit with my surgeon was 260.  My weight today was 253.5.

4 comments:

Liz - Lizzle - Libby Lou said...

Thanks for following my blog, I will try to keep up with yours as well. It's cool to meet another person at the beginning of the journey. From here, you learn so much!!! Oh and the ticklet is pretty easy if I can give directions in terms that I remember:

From your blog home page:
-go to customize
-click "add a gadget"
-click "HTML/JACASCRIPT"

-that's where you "paste" all the blibber blagger jargon that you "copy" on the ticket site. It's called HTML. You just paste it there, click save, and done!!!!

Hope that helps!

Liz - Lizzle - Libby Lou said...

geez! I just saw that I wrote "ticklet" then "ticket site" rather than TICKLER!!!! good luck!

Sumer said...

Thank You!

Sumer said...

It is asking for a URL....ugh. I can't figure it out. Guess I will have to ask my hubby to help me. ;b