Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I am terrified...

As I said in a previous post, I have to have surgery on my shoulder the end of October.  I am SO scared.  I mentioned it to my surgeon when I had my last fill and he said they may have to empty my band due to nausea from anesthesia.  WHAT???  I have 5cc in there now and could use more.  I am closer to the green zone, but not THAT close.  I am really struggling here.  Saturday, I was down to 225 and today I got on the scale and I am back up to 233.5.  8 pounds in like 4 days? WTF??  I am making good food choices, the working out has been sporadic because I have the cold that won't go away and my lungs hurt.  I am hoping to squeeze a workout in today when my baby girl goes down for a nap, lungs hurting or not.  I am NOT suppose to be gaining weight at this point and this is just NOT okay with me.  I was only 15 pounds away from my nose ring goal and I am pissed.  I guess all I can do it channel that energy into some kick ass workouts and tell those 8 pounds where to go.  *sigh*  I just feel discouraged and like no one cares.  Okay...enough of that, no pity parties for me today.  I care and that is what matters.  I CAN do this and I WILL do this.  210...here I come!!

7 comments:

Pamela E. Williams said...

I care too as I'm sure others do. I hope that all goes well with the surgery. I wonder if they take out the 5ccs will they just put it all back in there afterward at one time or will they do it a little at a time like at first. Hopefully not on the latter. I'm thinking of you.

Amanda Kiska said...

So sorry you're struggling. Shoulder surgery sounds like a drag. Please look at it as a time to take it easy and enjoy some downtime. I know we could all use more of that.

As far as the 8 lbs. goes, it is hard to believe that gain is real. My guess is it is hormonal or water or some other artificial gain. I'd suggest staying off the scale for a week and then seeing where you're at.

Just keep plugging away and try not to be too discouraged. I know I'm going to be reading about you meeting your goal in no time!

nikki said...

Hi :) New follower and banster! Just wanted to say hi and good luck with your surgery shoulder. Sending prayers that will go well!

nikki said...

*bandster

Bonnie said...

If they do have to empty it they will probably fill it again fairly soon, from what I've read about others who had to have surgery after getting the band. That 8 lbs sounds really bizarre. Hopefully it will leave you as fast as it came. And we care, girl. I want to see you with that nose ring. :)

Jenny said...

If they do have to unfill you, I believe you will be ok. The beauty of the band is that it can be adjusted to fit what happens to us in life. Keep blogging so we can stay updated. We're here for you!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Oh I'll keep you in my prayers. You have to be so frustrated but keep on keeping on.